I Have Not Been Making Time for Chocolate

Okay.  I admit it.  I have not posted to this blog for a very long time.  Somehow I was forced onto a crazy merry-go-round and instead of enjoying the ride I found I was holding on for my life.

Times are better now.  Life is still busy and some days my to-do list is so long that my day becomes a never-ending marathon. There are projects that take up so much of my time that by the end of the week I often find my weekends are being used just to catch-up.

This is crazy.  When this happens I find I am exhausted and my life is full of stress.

This has to change.


I have decided that today is the day to make a change.  I hope you decide to join me in a new commitment to make time for things in our lives that help us re-charge and give us new energy. It is time to rediscover our passions.  It is time to say no to the things that do not matter and yes to the things that will really make us happy.

Have you ever noticed what happens when you start talking about one of your passions? All of a sudden you have more confidence. You start to talk faster and you become more animated. It is easy to lose track of time when you are doing something that you love.

For me, in the past, I found that time disappeared quickly when I was exploring different New York City neighborhoods with my camera or spending time in the kitchen experimenting with new dessert recipes. I feel energized after reading a great book, listening to my favorite music or spending time with friends and family.  When I have not been able to do things that I enjoy, I have found that life becomes extremely stressful.

So here's my new motto:  "The events of life cannot take over the process of living"

It is important to find new interests. Sign up for classes, travel to a new destinations or do something as simple as taking a different route home or arranging some fresh flowers in a vase.

Several years ago I received a gift certificate for a chocolate class. It fueled my passion for chocolate as we baked decadent brownies and molten lava cakes. We made toffee and a mouth-watering collection of assorted chocolates. The aroma of melting chocolate was enough to put anyone in a good mood (regardless of the pounds of chocolate we took home after the class!)

If you have been following this blog from the beginning, you will know that the blog first began as Take Time for Chocolate, but I quickly decided to change the name.

We can all "take" time to do things, but we must MAKE time if we really want to accomplish something worthwhile.

Make time for the things that you enjoy.  Make time for friends and family. Discover your passions.

As for me, right now I am going to sit down with a really good book and maybe even a slice of homemade chocolate cake.  Join me.  The do-to list can wait for an hour.  It is time to recharge.  I know I will be able to accomplish my tasks much more efficiently after I have taken a few moments to make time for chocolate.

NOTE:  If you are looking for recipes - pop over to Bake Chocolate Cake.  It is another blog I am working on, but it will focus more on recipes (including chocolate).  Enjoy.